- Temperature limit: ~1800K.
- Max heating rate: Depends on PID, heater and temperature. Typical Ramp-up above 800K would be ~800K/h for both heaters.
- Max cooling rate: Depends on PID, heater and temperature. Typical Ramp-down for solidification would be between 10 and 80K/h.
- Size Crucible: Cylinder of 10cm diameter (~1kg of Si).
- Atmosphere: Inert gas (Argon).
- Gas blowing from top.
- Adjustable temperature gradient.
- Adjustable geometry.
Can not be used for:
Other materials then silicon. Restriction should be put to clean silicon feedstocks.
Previously used for:,
Silicon directional solidification.
Before you begin
- Contact equipment responsible :
Antoine Autruffe (Room E-S007)
- Equipment cannot be used without training.
- Contact room responsible for access :
John Atle Bones