Emne - Differentiated Integration: The Norwegian Case in Perspective - EUR3414
EUR3414 - Differentiated Integration: The Norwegian Case in Perspective
European integration is no longer a question of EU membership or not. Because of the EUs deepening and widening, differentiated integration has become a key feature. In light of the British Leave vote and a certain enlargement fatigue, this is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future. Against this backdrop, and with the Norwegian case as a point of departure, this Jean Monnet module offers in-depth knowledge of and critical perspectives on the manifold forms and degrees of present-day differentiated integration. Taking the specific Norwegian perspective on Europe as its point of departure, the module responds to the strong demand from society and professionals for up-to-date knowledge and expertise on the workings of Norway's particular association with the EU. In bringing to light the multiple, variegated and frequently overlooked ways in which the EU allows for cooperation between countries whether or not they are member states, it also counters the tendency of many citizens within and outside the EU to think of membership in binary terms.
Successful candidates are expected to have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- in-depth knowledge of and critical perspectives on the manifold forms and degrees of present-day differentiated integration
- in-depth and theoretically informed understanding of the reasons for and implications of Norways current association with the EU across policy-areas
Students are able to
- assess and compare different associations with the EU and/or aspects thereof in a theoretically informed manner
- communicate their knowledge orally and in writing, using the appropriate terminology, to specialist and non-specialist audiences
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
The module includes a series of thematic sessions informed by state-of-the-art research and a well-balanced combination of teaching methods, informed by student-centred learning and the co-creation of knowledge. Throughout the course, students work on applied assignments that include co-written position papers, participation in topical roundtable debates and the creation of short information videos to go online. The purpose is to enhance students ability to apply knowledge and tools to real-world challenges and to communicate their knowledge orally and in writing in a clear and professional manner. It is expected that compulsories and examinations must be completed in English. Exceptions must be clarified with the lecturer responsible for the course.
- Skype talk(s)
- Position paper (pair work)
- Short recorded talk for the module's YouTube channel (team work)
Mer om vurdering
-Position paper (pair-work, pass/fail)
-Short recorded talk for the modules YouTube-channel (pass/fail, prepared and produced by students working in teams)
- Participation in Skype talk(s) with partner institution(s)
Students must pass all the compulsory assignments in order to be allowed to submit their research paper.
-Research paper (individual work, graded).
It is expected that compulsories and examinations must be completed in English. Exceptions must be clarified with the lecturer responsible for the course.
Vurderingsmelding krever godkjent undervisningsmelding samme semester. Obligatorisk aktivitet fra tidligere semester kan godkjennes av instituttet.
EUR2101 Norway in Europe. Students who have not completed Norway in Europe or do not have equivalent coursework will be provided with a list of introductory readings to acquire the necessary background knowledge.
Available at the start of the semester.
Studiepoeng: 7.5 SP
Studienivå: Høyere grads nivå
Termin nr.: 1
Undervises: HØST 2020
- Lærer- og lektorutdanning
- Termin Statuskode Vurderings-form Vekting Hjelpemidler Dato Tid Digital eksamen Rom *
- Høst ORD Oppgave 100/100 ALLE INSPERA
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater
- Vår ORD Oppgave 100/100 ALLE INSPERA
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato. Hvis mer enn ett rom er oppgitt, finner du ditt rom på Studentweb.
For mer info om oppmelding til og gjennomføring av eksamen, se "Innsida - Eksamen"