A candidate who has completed his or her qualification should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- The candidates shall have advanced knowledge of a wide range of methods for simulation, visualization and artificial intelligence, and shall have good knowledge of cases in which these methods are applicable.
- The candidates shall have specialized insight in the chosen topic of their master’s project, within simulation, visualization, and/or related methods in artificial intelligence and/or software architecture.
- The candidates are able to identify sources of error in modelling and simulation, and have advanced understanding of the methods’ possibilities and limitations.
- The candidates have advanced knowledge about scientific literature and methods related to current themes in simulation and visualization.
- The candidates are able to analyse existing methods in simulation and visualisation.
- The candidates are able to analyse, and critically evaluate different sources of information, and use them to structure and formulate scientific reasoning.
- The candidates are able to independently analyze complex problems within their own engineering discipline, by applying methods from simulation, visualization and artificial intelligence.
- The candidates are able to conduct a confined independent simulation experiment under supervision, including system modelling, development and implementation of algorithms, running simulations, visualization and interpretation of results, in accordance with current ethical norms.
- The candidates are able to work independently with a research project, which implies finding a research. question / hypothesis, using relevant scientific theory and methods, setting up and conducting an experiment, and analysing the results.
- The candidates are able to choose their simulation and visualization methods in a considered way, and keep a critical as well as ethical attitude during their work.
- The candidates are able to contribute to innovation in simulation and visualization.
- The candidates are able to reflect on and communicate about scientific problems, analysis and conclusions within simulation and visualization, both with specialists and the general public.
- The candidates are able to apply their knowledge and skills in simulation and visualization to new cases in science and industry.