Vacancy for students at The Office of International Relations
Adviser Johanne Aarnseth: 73591859
Higher Executive Officer Eva Ose Askvik: 73559622
Please write a short application, stating why you would like to apply for this position and make sure to include your CV, attestations and references (if applicable). Your application should be sent by e-mail to Johanne Aarnseth: email@example.com
Application deadline: 12.06.2020
NTNU – knowledge for a better world
At NTNU, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our employees and students.
The Student Services Division
The Student Services Division is comprised of four sections (Career services, Recruitment, the Disability Office and the Student Democracy) and the Office of International Relations.
Part-time engagement vacancy for students at The Office of International Relations
There are currently two vacant part-time engagements available at the Office of International Relations, from approx. 15 February until the end of the year. Please note that you will not be working during the month of July. Each of the positions will entail 7 hours of work per week. Working hours are flexible within the core hours of the Office of International Relations.
Approx 15 people are currently employed at the Office of International Relations, and our main tasks include international recruitment, admission and reception of new international students as well as giving guidance to NTNU-students who want to travel abroad for an exchange programme. In addition, we are responsible for the development and coordination of collaboration agreements and the administrative management of international programmes and projects within the higher education sector, such as Erasmus+.
According to NTNU’s strategic goals for the years 2018-2025, internationalisation is an important area of priority. The Office of International Relations will, in collaboration with the Faculties and Departments, act as an important contributor to help NTNU reach its goals with regards to the internationalisation of education.
- Give information and guidance to international and Norwegian students
- Social Media communication
- Working with FS (our central student and application database)
- Other non-specified tasks
These tasks may change and vary during the year.
- We require that you have very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- We require that you currently have an active study right at NTNU
- We require that you are familiar with digital tools and social media
- You should have very good communication skills in Norwegian, both written and spoken
- It is an advantage if you have ever taken part in an exchange programme
- It is an advantage if you are familiar with the Erasmus programme
- It is an advantage if you are familiar with FS
- It is an advantage if you are familiar with the application process for international students
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who are well organised and able to work independently
- A sociable and extrovert person with good communication skills
- Personal abilities and traits will be taken into account when we evaluate applicants
What do we offer?
- Interesting and stimulating tasks in an international environment
- The possibility of gaining relevant work experience from the education sector
- Flexible hours
- An open and inclusive working environment with dedicated colleagues
Salary and conditions:
Salary according to qualifications. The minimum salary will be 159,38 NOK per hour.
Appointment takes place on the terms that apply to State employees and the person appointed must be aware that any assigned tasks may change during the appointment.
Working at NTNU
A good working environment is characterised by diversity and equality. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background.