Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Steinar Engen (1946) er professor ved Institutt for matematiske fag, nestleder ved Senter for Biodiversitetsdynamikk (CBD), og tilhører Gruppe for statistikk. Professor Engen er utdannet sivilingeniør ved NTH, linje for teknisk fysikk.
Han innehar også D. Phil. grad fra Department of Biomathematics, University of Oxford.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2022) Seasonal diversity dynamics of a boreal zooplankton community under climate impact. Oecologia.
- (2022) Density-dependent selection and the maintenance of colour polymorphism in barn owls. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 289 (1976).
- (2022) Harvesting can stabilise population fluctuations and buffer the impacts of extreme climatic events. Ecology Letters. vol. 25 (4).
- (2021) Sustainable strategies for harvesting predators and prey in a fluctuating environment. Ecological Modelling. vol. 440.
- (2021) An evolutionary and ecological community model for distribution of phenotypes and abundances among competing species. The American Naturalist. vol. 198 (1).
- (2021) Structure of the G-matrix in relation to phenotypic contributions to fitness. Theoretical Population Biology. vol. 138.
- (2021) The ecological dynamics of the coronavirus epidemics during transmission from outside sources when R0 is successfully managed below one. Royal Society Open Science. vol. 8 (6).
- (2021) Age-dependent patterns of spatial autocorrelation in fish populations. Ecology. vol. 102 (12).
- (2020) Phenotypic evolution in stochastic environments: The contribution of frequency- and density-dependent selection. Evolution. vol. 74 (9).
- (2020) Spatial scales of population synchrony in predator-prey systems. The American Naturalist. vol. 195 (2).
- (2020) Decomposing demographic contributions to the effective population size with moose as a case study. Molecular Ecology. vol. 29 (1).
- (2020) Spatial covariation of competing species in a fluctuating environment. Ecology. vol. 101 (1).
- (2020) Density-Dependent Adaptive Topography in a Small Passerine Bird, the Collared Flycatcher. The American Naturalist. vol. 197 (1).
- (2020) Consequences of barriers and changing seasonality on population dynamics and harvest of migratory ungulates. Theoretical Ecology. vol. 13.
- (2020) Contrasting patterns of density-dependent selection at different life stages can create more than one fast–slow axis of life-history variation. Ecology and Evolution. vol. 10 (6).
- (2019) Ecological dynamics and large scale phenotypic differentiation in density-dependent populations. Theoretical Population Biology. vol. 127.
- (2019) Spatial scaling of population synchrony in marine fish depends on their life history. Ecology Letters. vol. 22 (11).
- (2019) Accounting for interspecific competition and age structure in demographic analyses of density dependence improves predictions of fluctuations in population size. Ecology Letters. vol. 22.
- (2019) Towards a predictive conservation biology: the devil is in the behaviour. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 374 (1781).