Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Physiological and perceptual strain of firefighters during graded exercise to exhaustion at 40 and 10°C. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics.
- (2016) Thermoregulatory responses and work strain of fishermen – a field study on board deep-sea fishing vessels. International Maritime Health. vol. 67 (2).
- (2015) Sweat and heat production related to air humidity during exercise and inactive recovery - a laboratory study. Extreme Physiology & Medicine.
- (2014) Effect of ambient temperature on female endurance performance. Journal of Thermal Biology. vol. 45.
- (2014) The dry-heat loss effect of melt-spun phase change material fibres. Ergonomics.
- (2013) Performance on a work-simulating firefighter test versus approved laboratory tests for firefighters and applicants. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Initial Heat Stress on Subsequent Responses to Cold Water Immersion While Wearing Protective Clothing. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine. vol. 83 (8).
- (2011) Exercise-induced asthma in adolescents: challenges for physical education teachers. Chronic Respiratory Disease. vol. 8 (3).
- (2011) Design for end-user acceptance: requirements for work clothing for fishermen in mediterranean and northern fishing grounds. International Maritime Health. vol. 62 (4).
- (2011) Effect of Cold Conditions on Manual Performance while Wearing Petroleum Industry Protective Clothing. Industrial Health. vol. 49 (4).
- (2010) Leg Exercise and Core Cooling in an Insulated Immersion Suit Under Severe Environmental Conditions. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine. vol. 81 (11).
- (2010) Adaptation rate of 6-sulfatoxymelatonin and cognitive performance in offshore fleet shift workers: a field study. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. vol. 83 (6).
- (2010) Offshore Fleet Workers and the Circadian Adaptation of Core Body Temperature, Blood Pressure and Heart Rate to 12-h Shifts: A Field Study. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics. vol. 16 (4).
- (2008) A non-invasive device to continuously determine heat strain in humans. Journal of Thermal Biology. vol. 33 (5).
- (2008) Optimizing the performance of phase-change materials in personal protective clothing systems. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics. vol. 14 (1).
- (2007) Thermoregulatory and respiratory responses in asthmatic and nonasthmatic subjects breathing cold and warm air during exercise in the cold. Journal of Thermal Biology. vol. 32 (5).
- (2004) Body temperature measurements in the clinic; evaluation of practice in a Norwegian hospital. Journal of Thermal Biology. vol. 29.
- (2001) Self-reported asthma and obstuctive airways symptoms related to environmental conditions in runners and cross-country skiers. Journal of Thermal Biology. vol. 26.
- (2000) Treatment with inhaled beta 2 agonists or oral leukotriene antagonist do not enhance physical performance in nonasthmatic highly trained athletes exposed to -15o C. Journal of Thermal Biology. vol. 25.
- (1999) Salmeterol and physical performance at -15 C in highly-trained nonastmatic cross-country skiers. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 9.