Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
About Pål Skalle
Professor of Department of Geoscience and petroleum (IGP)
Graduated from Leoben Montanistische Hochshule (now Montan Univeristy) in 1974.
- TPG4242 Brønnsikring og -stabilitet
- TPG4105 Petroleumsteknologi, Grunnkurs
- TPG4520 Specialization Project in Drilling Technology
- TPG4525 Specialization Courses in Drilling Technology
- TPG4920 Master Thesis
- PG8500 PhD course - Experience Transfer
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Investigating the impact of drillpipe's rotation and eccentricity on cuttings transport phenomenon in various horizontal annuluses using computational fluid dynamics (CFD). Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 156.
- (2017) Cement sheath modification using nanomaterials for long-term zonal isolation of oil wells: Review. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 156.
- (2017) Nanosized Magnesium Oxide With Engineered Expansive Property for Enhanced Cement-System Performance. SPE Journal. vol. 22 (05).
- (2017) Nanorubber-modified cement system for oil and gas well cementing application. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. vol. 47.
- (2017) Diagnosing Root Causes and Generating Graphical Explanations by Integrating Temporal Causal Reasoning and CBR. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1815.
- (2015) Friction and wear characteristics of steel on rock under water and oil based lubricated sliding conditions. Tribology - Materials, Surfaces & Interfaces. vol. 9 (2).
- (2014) Numerical and experimental study of the stbility of non-circular boreholes in high-permeability formations. International Journal of Rock Mechanics And Mining Sciences. vol. 68.
- (2014) Integrating human related errors with technical errors to determine causes behind offshore accidents. Safety Science. vol. 63.
- (2014) Attenuation of pump pressure in long wellbores (v02. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering.
- (2014) Experimental Study of Hydraulics and Cuttings Transport in Circular and Noncircular Wellbores. Journal of energy resources technology. vol. 136 (2).
- (2014) An overview of case-based reasoning applications in drilling engineering. Artificial Intelligence Review. vol. 41 (3).
- (2013) A real-time decision support system for high cost oil-well drilling operations. The AI Magazine. vol. 34 (1).
- (2013) An Experimental Investigation of Shale Mechanical Properties Through Drained and Undrained Test Mechanisms. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 46 (6).
- (2013) Detection of Symptoms for Revealing Causes Leading to Drilling Failures. SPE Drilling & Completion. vol. 28 (2).
- (2013) Experience Transfer for Process Improvement. Engineering applications of artificial intelligence. vol. 26 (9).
- (2012) CFD calculations of cuttings transport through drilling annuli at various angles. International Journal of Petroleum Science and Technology. vol. 6 (2).
- (2012) Effects of mud properties, hole size, drill string tripping speed and configurations on swab and surge pressure magnitude during drilling operations. International Journal of Petroleum Science and Technology. vol. 6 (2).
- (2012) Experimental Study of Rheological Properties of Model Drilling Fluids. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 20.
- (2010) Applications of CBR in Oil Well Drilling: A General Overview. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 340.
- (2009) PREDICTION OF STAND PIPE PRESSURE USING CONVENTIONAL APPROACH. Chemical Engineering Research Bulletin. vol. 13 (1).