Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Current area of work
"Effective energy use in existing buildings with the use of modern sensor technology and building automation" as part of ENERSENSE. My research project concentrates on how building automation can contribute to energy efficient refurbishment of buildings. The focus of the project is on optimization of the building envelope in combination with building automation for monitoring and control of the indoor climate for different types of buildings.
More info about my work: http://www.laurafelius.com
Expertise and skills
- Sustainable design
- Zero-emission design
- Climate adapted design
- Passive strategies
- Indoor thermal comfort
- Energy simulations
- MSc in Sustainable Architecture from NTNU
- BSc in Architecture, Building, and Planning from TU/e
Work experience and projects
- PhD candidate - at the department of Civil Engineering, NTNU (August 2016 - ).
- Research assistant - at the department of Architectural Design, History and Technology, NTNU (March 2016 – May 2016).
- Participation in the Nordic Built Challenge (October 2016 – December 2016).
- Energy simulations for housing - at the department of Architectural Design, History and Technology, NTNU (October 2016 – November 2016).
- Master thesis about energy efficient refurbishment in collaboration with LINK arkitektur and TOBB - at the department of Architectural Design, History and Technology, NTNU (January 2016 – May 2016).
- Bachelor thesis about zero energy design - at the department of Architecture, Building and Planning, TU/e (January 2013 – June 2013).
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
Del av bok/rapport
- (2019) Upgrading of a Typical Norwegian Existing Wooden House According to the EnerPHit Standard. Cold Climate HVAC 2018 - Sustainable Buildings in Cold Climates.