Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Work Experience: Process operator at DYNO, Lillestrøm 1983-84. Scientific assistant at institute for quality and production engineering, NTH (NTNU) 1989-1991, Dr. Ing. Candidate 1991-1995, post doctoral fellow at Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, AIST, Tsukuba, Japan 1995-1996. Researcher on manufacturing engineering at Raufoss ASA 1996 to 2001, Raufoss Technology and Industrial Management AS /SINTEF Raufoss Manufacturing AS, 2001 to 2010. Research Manager for production technology department at SINTEF Raufoss Manufacturing from 2010 to 2012. Research Director at SINTEF Raufoss Manufacturing from 2012 to 2015. Professor at Gjøvik University College/ NTNU Gjøvik 2011 to present. Vice dean research at NTNU Gjøvik from Sept 2015.
Proposal writing: Main editor of several successful proposals including several IPN –projects, SFI NORMAN, SFI Manufacturing, KPN SUM, EU FP7 projects SupLight and IC2, MANULAB national infrastructure for manufacturing reserach, INMAN INTPART project and Raufoss Catapult proposal.
Project manager for planning and installing a new manufacturing plant for Raufoss ASA in 1999-2000. Project manager for implementing SCADA/MES-system at Raufoss Technology AS 2001-2002. Manager of the Competence Project (KPN) for Industry SUM (Sustainable manufacturing). Coordinator of the EU FP7 projects SupLight and IC2. WP Manager for Robust and Adaptive Manufacturing Processes in SFI NORMAN, Manager for international collaboration in SFI Manufacturing. Project manager for MANULAB and INTPART.
Project manager for planning and installing a new manufacturing plant for Raufoss ASA in 1999-2000. Project manager for implementing SCADA/MES-system at Raufoss Technology AS 2001-2002. Manager of the Competence Project (KPN) for Industry SUM (Sustainable manufacturing). Coordinator of the EU FP7 projects SupLight (Sustainable Production of light weight solution, # 263302, NMP-2010-3.1-1]) and IC2 (Intelligent and Customized Tooling, # 246172, NMP-2009-4.0-5). WP Manager for Robust and Adaptive Manufacturing Processes in SFI NORMAN, Manager for international collaboration in SFI Manufacturing.
International experience: 1 year stay at Neu Technicum Buchs, in Buchs, St. Gallen, Switzerland during Dr. ing. studies 1991-92. 1 year STA fellowship in Japan, AIST, MEL, Tsukuba 1995-1996 and JSPS fellow at AIST, Tsukuba for 3 months in 2009.
Membership in academic and professional committees: Member of EU Manufuture High Level Group and Implementation Support Group. Chairman of Manufuture Sub-group on joining, corporate member in the CIRP: International Academy of Production Research.
Other: Chairman of the CIRP sponsored 6th Conference on Learning Factories June 29th-30th. 2016. Guest Editor for the Elsevier Procedia CIRP Vol 54, Special Issue on Learning Factories, Nov. 2016. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/22128271/54
Doctoral students supervised: Geir Ringen: Organizational Learning and Knowledge in the Norwegian Automotive Supplier Industry, Halvor Holtskog: How Industry Makes Knowledge: Facilitative Management , Lars Krogstie: Closed Loop Tolerance Engineering
Doctoral students currently supervising: Ivanna Baturynska: Analysis of Process variations in Additive manufacturing using Machine Learing, Olga Ogorodnyk: Process monitoring and control of injection molding using machine learning. Torbjørn Leirmo; Optimal location and orientation of parts in PBF additive manufacturing.
Present research activities and fields of interests: Manufacturing engineering, Sustainable manufacturing, manufacturing process monitoring and control, metal cutting, additive manufacturing, measuring technology, tolerance engineering, industry 4.0 and learning factories.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Data-driven surrogate assisted evolutionary optimization of hybrid powertrain for improved fuel economy and performance. Energy. vol. 183.
- (2019) CFNN-PSO: An Iterative Predictive Model for Generic Parametric Design of Machining Processes. Applied Artificial Intelligence. vol. 33 (11).
- (2019) Generalized approach for multi-response machining process optimization using machine learning and evolutionary algorithms. Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal (JESTECH).
- (2019) Data-Driven Beetle Antennae Search Algorithm for Electrical Power Modeling of a Combined Cycle Power Plant. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing.
- (2019) Development and correlation analysis of non-dominated sorting buffalo optimization NSBUF II using Taguchi’s design coupled gray relational analysis and ANN. Applied Soft Computing. vol. 85.
- (2019) Evolutionary algorithms in additive manufacturing systems: Discussion of future prospects. Procedia CIRP. vol. 81.
- (2019) Learning factories as laboratories for socio-technical experiments. Procedia Manufacturing. vol. 31.
- (2019) Added value of a virtual approach to simulation-based learning in a manufacturing learning factory. Procedia CIRP. vol. 79.
- (2018) Optimization of Process Parameters for Powder Bed Fusion Additive Manufacturing by Combination of Machine Learning and Finite Element Method: A Conceptual Framework. Procedia CIRP. vol. 67.
- (2018) CDIO design education collaboration using 3D-desktop printers. Procedia CIRP. vol. 70.
- (2018) Defining Sustainable Manufacturing Using a Concept of Attractor as a Metaphor. Procedia CIRP. vol. 67.
- (2018) Monitoring and Control for Thermoplastics Injection Molding A Review. Procedia CIRP. vol. 67.
- (2018) Towards increased intelligence and automatic improvement in industrial vision systems. Procedia CIRP. vol. 67.
- (2018) Integration of digital learning in industry 4.0. Procedia Manufacturing. vol. 23.
- (2017) Sensors embedded in surface coatings in injection moulding dies. Procedia CIRP. vol. 62.
- (2016) The Pivoting Problem of Lean. Procedia CIRP. vol. 41.
- (2016) Human-Machine Interface for Artificial Neural Network Based Machine Tool Process Monitoring. Procedia CIRP. vol. 41.
- (2016) Trends and research challenges in remanufacturing. International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing - Green Technology. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Selection of ICT-tools for manufacturing education. Procedia CIRP. vol. 41.
- (2016) Combining Learning Factories and ICT- based Situated Learning. Procedia CIRP. vol. 54.