Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Johan Sjöblom has been Professor in surface and colloid chemistry and the Head of the Ugelstad Laboratory at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim from January 1st 2002. He was earlier Professor at the University of Bergen during the years from 1988-1999, and Chief Researcher at Statoils R&D Centre in the period 1998-2001. Sjöblom has served as Adjunct Professor of Colloid Chemistry and Materials Science at Clarkson University, Potsdam, New York, and at the Technical University of Helsinki from 1992-1999.
Sjöblom is the editor of 10 books, and the author or coauthor of more than 300 professional papers. He has educated 50 PhD's and 35 MSc's.
Sjöblom is Editor-In-Chief (from 2005) for Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, and previous Editorial Board Member of Colloids and Surfaces during the period 1993-2003. Sjöblom is also a member of the Advisory Board of Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. He is a member of the American Chemical Society, the Norwegian Chemical Society, and the Finnish Chemical Society. He is also elected Member of the Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences and the Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences in Finland. Sjöblom received his PhD degree (1982) in physical chemistry from the Åbo Akademi, Finland.
Sjöblom has been an industrial consultant in colloid chemistry since 1980.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) Development of electrochemical DPD molecular simulations for oil/water partitioning of organic acids at varying pH. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology.
- (2018) Influence of Fatty-Alkylamine Amphiphile on the Asphaltene Adsorption/Deposition at the Solid/Liquid Interface under Precipitating Conditions. Energy & Fuels.
- (2018) Interaction between asphaltenes and fatty-alkylamine inhibitor in bulk solution. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 39 (2).
- (2018) Asphaltenes subfractions extracted from Brazilian vacuum residue: Chemical characterization and stabilization of model water-in-oil (W/O) emulsions. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 160.
- (2017) Enhanced sedimentation and coalescence of petroleum crude oil emulsions by the new generation of environmentally friendly yellow chemicals. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 38 (12).
- (2017) Equilibrium partitioning of naphthenic acids and bases and their consequences on interfacial properties. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 529.
- (2017) Phase behaviour and droplet size of oil-in-water Pickering emulsions stabilised with plant-derived nanocellulosic materials. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 519.
- (2017) Droplet Crystallization in Water-in-Crude Oil Emulsions: Influence of Salinity and Droplet Size. Energy & Fuels. vol. 31 (7).
- (2017) Interactions of Polyaromatic Compounds. Part 1: Nanoaggregation Probed by Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry and Molecular Dynamics Simulation. Energy & Fuels. vol. 31 (4).
- (2017) Fractionation of asphaltenes in n-hexane and on adsorption onto CaCO3 and characterization by ESI(+)FT-ICR MS: Part I. Fuel. vol. 210.
- (2017) Fractionation of Asphaltenes in Understanding Their Role in Petroleum Emulsion Stability and Fouling. Energy & Fuels. vol. 31 (4).
- (2017) Wax-Inhibitor Interactions Studied by Isothermal Titration Calorimetry and Effect of Wax Inhibitor on Wax Crystallization. Energy & Fuels. vol. 31 (7).
- (2017) Influence of HPAM on W/O emulsion separation properties. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 38 (2).
- (2017) A DPD study of asphaltene aggregation: The role of inhibitor and asphaltene structure in diffusion-limited aggregation. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 38 (3).
- (2017) Interfacial dilational rheology properties of films formed at the oil/water interface by reaction between tetrameric acid and calcium ion. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 38 (8).
- (2017) Asphaltene fractionation based on adsorption onto calcium carbonate: Part 2. Self-association and aggregation properties. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 514.
- (2017) Solvent desorption of asphaltenes from solid surfaces. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 38 (3).
- (2017) Interactions of Polyaromatic Compounds. Part 2. Flocculation Probed by Dynamic Light Scattering and Molecular Dynamics Simulation. Energy & Fuels. vol. 31 (9).
- (2017) Adsorption of a Polyaromatic Compound on Silica Surfaces from Organic Solvents Studied by Molecular Dynamics Simulation and AFM Imaging. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 121 (9).
- (2016) Nonlinear rheology and pressure wave propagation in a thixotropic elasto-viscoplastic fluids, in the context of flow restart. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics. vol. 231.