Ibrahim A. Hameed
Ibrahim A. Hameed
PhD, Professor, Nestleder for forskning og innovasjon, Programansvarlig for master i simulering og visualiseringInstitutt for IKT og realfag Fakultet for informasjonsteknologi og elektroteknikk
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
- BSc degree in Industrial Electronics and Control Engineering from Menofia University, Egypt, 1998.
- MSc degree in control engineering from Menofia University, Egypt, 2005.
- Ph.D. degree in Industrial Systems and Information Engineering from Korea University, Seoul, South Korea, 2010.
- Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark, 2012.
- Senior Member of IEEE (SMIEEE) since 2016.
- Senior Visiting Fellow at the University of New South Wales, UNSW Canberra, Australia, 15 Nov. 2017 to 15 Feb. 2018.
- Chairman of AI and Robotics Interest group, Den Norske Dataforening (DND), Norway, March 2018.
- Elected Chair of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) Norway Chapter, 16.03.2019.
1- Control Systems https://www.ntnu.no/studier/emner/IE203612#tab=omEmnet
2- Intelligent Systems https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/IE303312#tab=omEmnet
3- Selected Topics in Artificial Intelligence https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/IE502014#tab=omEmnet
4- Machine learning https://www.ntnu.no/studier/emner/IE501614#tab=omEmnet
5- Swarm Intelligence https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/IE501714#tab=omEmnet
His main research interests include Artificial Intelligence, Control Engineering, Field Robotics, Social Robots, and optimization. He is an author/coauthor of more than 75 publications in international journals, conferences and book chapters and a reviewer for a number of international journals and conferences.
- Maryam Mahmoudi (ERCIM fellow)
- N. V. Rajan (ERCIM fellow)
- Haiping Wang (trustworthiness of machine learning in finance - main)
- Mengtao Sun (text understanding in finance - main)
- Hammad Shah (social robots - main)
- Anete Vagale (path planning - co)
- Hadi Mohamed (smart water - defended in 2019)
- M A Ibrahim (fault detection - defended in 2017)
- 2018-19: Magnus Gribbestad, Eirik Gromholt Homlong, Martin Pettersen, Antonio J Cubedo, Jizhen Cai.
- 2017-18: Soufiane Abeddaa.
Recent Research Projects:
- Excited min project (Center for Excellent IT Education): an expert system to reduce uncertainties in students evaluation - Et ekspertsystem for å redusere usikkerhet i studenters evaluering - 50 KNOK - 2018 (project number 80430018).
- Pilotering av sosial robot i omsorgssenter: design av norsk chatbot for bedre menneske-maskin interaksjoner i fremtiden, RFF Mid Norge, 2018 (500 KNOK).
- Digital Transformation project: Person-Centered Robotics Care in Nursing Homes (PRCare) joint funding for 2 Ph.D. students by faculty of information technology and electrical engineering (IE)/faculty of medicine and health sciences (MH) NTNU, 2018.
- Søknad om Posisjoneringsstøtte (POS) for posisjonering mot Hosisont2020 (ePhorte nr. 2017/414-166 og 167) (80 KNOK).
- Social Robot i Newton Room (with NMK): funded by IE Faculty - 100 KNOK - 2017.
- Social Robot i Omsorgssente (Social robot in nursing homes): MobPro, Prosjeknummer 2017/05 - 200 KNOK - 2017.
- Excited min project (Center for Excellent IT Education): Expert System for Students' Evaluation - 50 KNOK - 2017.
- VRI research project: Artificial Intelligence for Winch Design, grand no. 249171.
- Impact of Climate Change on the Association between Weather and Waterborne Diseases, WP IV (PI is Prof. Razak Seidu), grand no. 244147/E10.
- VRI research project: Artificial Intelligence for Crane Design, grand no. 241238.
Awards & nominations:
- Best Paper Award in April 2016:
I. A. Hameed, Z.-H. Tan, N.B. Thomsen, and X. Duan (2016). User acceptance of social robots. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference in Computer-Human Interaction (ACHI 2016), Venice, Italy, pp. 274-279.
- Final List of Best Paper Award in June 2016:
I. A. Hameed, R.T. Bye, O.L. Osen, B.S. Pedersen, and H.G. Schaatun (2016). Intelligent Computer Automated Crane Design using an Online Crane Prototyping Tool. In Proceedings of the of the 30th European Conference on Modeling and Simulation (ECMS), Regensburg, Germany.
- Best Research Paper Award in Feb. 2017:
H. Mohamed, I. A. Hameed, R. Seidu (2017). Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System for Predicitng Norovirous in Drinking Water Supply. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Congress in Health Informatics, Riyadh, KSA.
- Top 25 most productive researchers in IE faculty in 2017.
- 2nd most productive researcher at NTNU Ålesund campus in 2017.
Organizing committee member:
- First Teleno-NTNU AI-Lab Hackathon:
A member of the organizing committee members for the first Hackathon on Telco related problems and data with machine learning (17-18 March 2017 - Ålesund Track): https://www.ntnu.edu/ailab/hackaton
Program committee (PC) member:
- GECOO 2018:
A program committee member of the 5th ACM-GECCO workshop on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation in Defence, Security and Risk Management (SecDef'2018), Kyoto, Japan, 15th - 19th, 2018: http://gecco-2018.sigevo.org/
- CSEDU 2018:
A program committee member of the 10th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2018): http://www.csedu.org/
- EFITA WCC Congress 2017:
A program committee member of the 2017 European Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture, Food and the Environment (EFITA) with the collaboration of the World Congress on Computers in Agriculture (WCCA): http://www.efita2017.org/
International track chair of the track: sensing, robotics, and electronics for agriculture
- ICARSC 2017:
A program committee member of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Autonomous Robot Systems and Competitions (ICARSC 2017): http://icarsc2017.isr.uc.pt/
- CSEDU 2017:
A program committee member of the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2017): http://www.csedu.org/
- ARIN 2016:
A program committee member of the 2nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ARIN 2016): http://iidco.org/2016/ARIN/index.html
- RST 2016:
A program committee member of the 2016 IEEE International Workshop on Recent Advances in Robotics and Sensor Technology for Humanitarian Demining and Counter-LEDs (RST): http://www.rstech.org/
- CSEDU 2016:
A program committee member of the 8th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2016): http://www.csedu.org/?y=2016
- ECMS 2016:
A program committee member of the 30th European Conference on Modeling and Simulation(ECMS 2016): http://www.scs-europe.net/conf/ecms2016
- CSEDU 2015:
A program committee member of the 7th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2015): http://www.csedu.org/?y=2015
- CSEDU 2014:
A program committee member of the 6th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2014): http://www.csedu.org/Home.aspx?y=2014