Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Responsibilities at present:
- Teaching and supervising bachelor students in nursing, master global health and master in public health
- Supervising PhD-candidates
- Responsible for a program for university lecturers to achieve associate professor competence
- Supervising candidates towards associate professor application
- Initiate and lead research projects in different fields; nursing care, students' learning and pedagogical approaches in nursing education
Leading research projects in various fields such as:
- Older people care - Nursing home care;
- "EXIST-WELL in nursing homes"; existential suffering versus depression among nursing home residents, in collaboration with Belgium, Finland and Sweden
- nurse-patient interaction and spiritual care
- Health promotion in different populations; older people, elective cancer patients 80 years and older, post-partum women, women giving birth, adolescents, intensive care patients
- Long-term intensive care patients' inner strength and will-power to survive
- Student nurses' clinical studies in nursing homes; the implementation of inter-professional supervising teams
- Learning HLR in the nursing education
- The development of relational competence as part of the nursing education
- Global health;
- Families in Nepal and Uganda having a disabled child
- Families in Uganda having a person with dementia
- Global health
- Centre for health promotion research
- Com Care (Community Care, Nord University)
- Registered Nurse (Namdal University College, 1984)
- Cand. Mag. (Namdal University College, 1991)
- Cand. Polit. (MA ScNurs) (University of Bergen, 1998)
- Ph.D. (Ph.D. Health Science, NTNU, 2013)
- In total 167 publications in Cristin by May 24th, 2020, and presently about 25 scientific articles in review
- I am the main editor of three scientific anthologies:
- "Health Promotion in the health care services - Vital salutogenic theories and research" published by Springer Publisher during 2020
- "Health Promotion in the Hospital care services", published Cappelen Damm Academic Publisher, 2016
- "Health Promotion in the municipality care services", Cappelen Damm Academic Publisher, 2014
- Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Turkey, Singapore, Uganda, Nepal, USA, Australia, Netherlands, Croatia, Malta
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Associations between nurse–patient interaction and sense of coherence among cognitively intact nursing home residents. Journal of Holistic Nursing.
- (2020) Assessing quality of life in older adults: psychometric properties of the OPQoL-brief questionnaire in a nursing home population. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. vol. 18 (1).
- (2020) Joy-of-life in cognitively intact nursing home patients: the impact of the nurse-patient interaction. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences.
- (2020) Nurse-patient interaction and self-transcendence: assets for a meaningful life in nursing home residents?. BMC Geriatrics.
- (2019) "Never in my mind to give up!" A qualitative study of long-term intensive care patients' inner strength and willpower-Promoting and challenging aspects. Journal of Clinical Nursing (JCN). vol. 28 (21-22).
- (2019) Affective organizational commitment among nursing home employees: A longitudinal study on the influence of a health‐promoting work environment. Nursing Open. vol. 6 (4).
- (2019) Work-Related Sense of Coherence and Longitudinal Relationships with Work Engagement and Job Satisfaction. Scandinavian Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology. vol. 4 (1).
- (2019) Development and psychometric properties of the Joy-of-Life-Scale in cognitively intact nursing home patients. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 33 (4).
- (2019) The parenting experiences and needs of Asian primary caregivers of children with autism: A meta-synthesis. Autism.
- (2019) Teaching general practitioners to activate older patients: the intervening role of changes in perceived communication skills. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 102 (9).
- (2019) The Situational Motivational Scale (SIMS) in physical education: A validation study among Norwegian adolescents. Cogent Education. vol. 6:1603613.
- (2018) Preceptorship during health personnel students’ clinical studies in nursing homes – an institutional perspective on an intervention. Nursing Open. vol. 6 (1).
- (2018) “I want a birth without interventions”: Women’s Childbirth Experiences from Turkey. Women and Birth. vol. 32.
- (2018) From breaking point to breakthrough during the ICU stay: A qualitative study of family members’ experiences of long-term intensive care patients’ pathways towards survival. Journal of Clinical Nursing (JCN). vol. 27 (19-20).
- (2018) Testing a new tool assessing attitude towards treatment and health in primary health care setting: Senior patients and doctors perspectives. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 47 (1).
- (2018) Joy of life in nursing homes: A qualitative study of what constitutes the essence of joy of life in elderly individuals living in Norwegian nursing homes. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. Dec 32 (4).
- (2018) The Expectancy-Value Questionnaire in Physical Education – a validation study among Norwegian adolescents. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research.
- (2017) Bedre arbeidsmetoder og holdninger? Implementering av livsglede for eldre?. Geriatrisk sykepleie.
- (2017) Health-promoting influences among women following early postnatal home visit by a midwife. Nordic journal of nursing research. vol. 38 (4).
- (2017) The role of gender in the active attitude toward treatment and health among patients in primary health care - self-assessed health status and sociodemographic factors as moderators. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 17 (284).