Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Elena Kuznetsova has been working as a researcher since January 2014 in the Road, Transport and Geomatic Group (Veg, Transport og Geomatikk VTG).
Currently, Elena is a leader of the project "Frost protection of roads and railways" (2015-2019) financing by the Norwegian Research Council (NRC).
She has a bachelor (in geology), master (in geology/geocryology) and PhD (Engineering Geology, Mineralogy, Geocryology) from Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia.
Main field of competence
- frozen soils
- thermal properties
- unrozen water
- frost heave
- frost protection of roads and railways
- volcanic ash
- amorphous clays
- soil's and aggregate's frost susceptibility
- aggregate resources sustainability
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Thermal conductivity and the unfrozen water contents of volcanic ash deposits in cold climate conditions: A review. Clays and clay minerals. vol. 65 (3).
- (2016) Relevant Petrological Properties and their Repercussions on the Final use of Aggregates. Energy Procedia. vol. 97.
- (2016) Resource management and a best available concept for aggregate sustainability. Geological Society Special Publication. vol. 416 (1).
- (2016) FROST – Frost Protection of Roads and Railways. Mineralproduksjon. vol. 7.
- (2016) Behaviour of crushed rock aggregates used in asphalt surface layer exposed to cold climate conditions. Environmental Earth Sciences. vol. 75 (21).
- (2014) Weathering of volcanic ash in the cryogenic zone of Kamchatka, eastern Russia. Clay minerals. vol. 49.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2017) Evaluation of Norwegian gradation based regulation for frost susceptibility of crushed rock aggregates in roads and railways. Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfield.
- (2017) Laboratory investigations of thermal properties of crushed rock materials. Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfield.
- (2014) Environmental Impact and Sustainability in Aggregate Production and Use. Engineering Geology for Society and Territory - Volume 5 : Urban Geology, Sustainable Planning and Landscape Exploitation.
- (2013) Thermal properties of volcanic ash and pumice. Mineral deposit research for a high-tech world. Proceedings of the 12th Biennial SGA Meeting.
- (2013) Volcanic materials for construction purposes in cold regions. NGF Vinterkonferansen 2013. Oslo, 8-20. January, 2013. NGF Abstracts and Proceedings of the Geological Society of Norway 1 (2013).
- (2012) Impact of Mineral Composition on Heat-Conducting Properties of Frozen Volcanic Ashes from Kamchatka. Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Permafrost : Salekhard, Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District, Russia June 25–29, 2012.
- (2015) Rapid Arctic Transitions due to Infrastructure and Climate (RATIC): A contribution to ICARP III. 2015.
- (2013) D6.21 : Proposed new measures and standards on health, safety, sustainability & structural reliability. 2013.
- (2012) State of the Art: Arctic Coastal Erosion. 2012.
- (2012) State of the Art: Arctic Erosion Protection. 2012.