Ersegun Deniz Gedikli
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Dr. Gedikli is a postdoctoral research associate within the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department. He joined the department in Fall 2017. Prior to his appointment, he completed his doctorate in Ocean Engineering at the University of Rhode Island.
Dr. Gedikli's doctoral research focused on dynamic response and active control of flexible cylindrical structures undergoing vortex-induced vibrations. His current research interests include reduced order modelling (ROM), and nonlinear system identification with applications to offshore wind farms that are prone to ice induced vibrations.
CLICK HERE to visit my personal webpage
- Marine hydrodynamics
- Vortex-induced vibrations
- Active control of underwater vibrations
- Renewable energy
- Ice induced vibrations of offshore wind turbines
- Nonlinear dynamics
- Reduced order modelling
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) A method to find intervals with probability of harsh ice induced vibrations. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions. vol. 2019-June.
- (2019) On pressure modes in ice-induced vibrations using multivariate analysis. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 160.
- (2019) Identifying flexural-mode shapes of ice floes under wave actions using multivariate analysis. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions. vol. 2019-June.
- (2018) Active Control of Flexible Cylinders Undergoing Vortex-Induced Vibrations Using Piezo Stripe Actuators. Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series. vol. 6.
- (2018) Observed mode shape effects on the vortex-induced vibration of bending dominated flexible cylinders simply supported at both ends. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 81.
- (2017) Active control of flow-induced vibrations of a cylinder using piezo actuators. APS Bulletin.
- (2017) Mode excitation hysteresis of a flexible cylinder undergoing vortex-induced vibrations. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 69.
- (2017) Multivariate Analysis Of Vortex-Induced Vibrations In A Tensioned Cylinder Reveal Nonlinear Modal Interactions. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2015) Hysteretic memory and end plate effects on the response of a flexible cylinder undergoing vortex-induced vibrations. APS Bulletin.
- (2015) Three-dimensional flow visualization of a flexible cylinder wake subject to VIV. APS Bulletin.
- (2013) Investigation of modal excitation of a flexible cylinder on vortex induced vibrations. APS Bulletin.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2018) Bending Dominated Flexible Cylinder Experiments Reveal Insights Into Modal Interactions for Flexible Body Vortex-Induced Vibrations. The Proceedings of The Twenty-eighth (2018) International OCEAN AND POLAR ENGINEERING CONFERENCE, ISOPE 2018.
- (2014) Mode Shape Variation for a Low-Mode Number Flexible Cylinder Subject to Vortex-Induced Vibrations. Proceedings ASME 2014 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, Volume 2: CFD and VIV.
- (2017) Dynamic Response and Active Control of Flexible Cylindrical Structures Undergoing Vortex-Induced Vibrations. 2017.