Daniel Perez Clos
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
My background consists of a bachelor in Chemistry and master in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology by the University of Barcelona (UB). In my master thesis I worked in the synthesis and characterization of carbon nanotubes for supercapacitor applications. Afterwards I worked in the Catalan Institute of Advanced Chemistry (ICQA) on analysis of surfactant properties. Afterwards I did an internship at the Chemistry department of NTNU where I worked in a project aiming at the development of catalyst layers for hydrogen fuel cells. Thereafter I worked in the field of process engineering in Sintef Energy focusing in heat recovery and power cycles thermodynamic optimization as well as process design for CO2 capture.
Currently I am working as a PhD candidate at the Materials Technology Department (IMA) at NTNU. The project aims at investigating scaling mechanisms from aluminium production off-gas with the future objective of applying the acquired knowledge in the design of heat exchangers that can efficiently recover heat from the off-gas while minimizing fouling issues. The work is split into an experimental part where a fouling probe will be designed and built to perform experiments in an aluminium industrial plant and a theoretical part where computational fluid dynamic's based models will be develop to simulate deposition rates that can be compared with the experiments performed.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Investigation on scale formation in aluminium industry by means of a cold-finger. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2017) Wet expansion steam cycles for offshore industry. International Journal of Computational Methods & Experimental Measurements. vol. 5 (1).
- (2014) Improved Cathode Catalyst Layers for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells. ECS Transactions. vol. 64 (3).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2020) The Effect of Hard Scale Deposition on the Wall Heat Flux of a Cold Finger. Light Metals 2020.
- (2017) Enabling Efficient Heat Recovery from Aluminium Pot Gas. Light metals 2017.
- (2014) Design and optimization of waste heat recovery unit using carbon dioxide as cooling fluid. ASME 2014 Power Conference - POWER 2014 - volume 1.