Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I am an associate professor at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I was previously a postdoctoral research fellow at University of Oslo as a member of Logic and Intelligent Data research group. I was also a visiting researcher at University of Oxford and a postdoc at University of Leuven. I received my PhD degree in computer science in 2012 from University of Leuven. I received my M.Sc and B.Sc. degrees in computer engineering from Işık University in 2008 and 2006 respectively.
I took part in several EU projects (FP7, FP6, Erasmus etc.) such as iCamp, ROLE, LEGIS, LEFIS, and TREE. I am presently conducting research on visual query systems within the Optique project (FP7).
My main research interests fall into ontology-driven information systems and ontology-driven design of information systems from a human-computer interaction perspective. My current research, within Optique project, addresses visual query interfaces for ontology-based data access, where ontologies are exploited both for scalable end-user query formulation and for query answering for Big Data.
My research interests also include: pervasive computing, context-aware computing, adaptive computing systems, human-machine interaction, end-user development, metadata and semantics, ontological engineering, semantic web, formal modelling, knowledge representation, software engineering, database systems, model driven development.
I currently sit on the editorial boards of Journal of Web Semantics and International Journal of Privacy and Health Information Management.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Towards a knowledge graph based platform for public procurement. Communications in Computer and Information Science.
- (2019) TheyBuyForYou: Enabling Procurement Data Value Chains. Communications in Computer and Information Science.
- (2019) Navigating OWL 2 Ontologies through Graph Projection. Communications in Computer and Information Science.
- (2018) On Enhancing Visual Query Building over KGs Using Query Logs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 11341.
- (2018) Towards integrating public procurement data into a semantic knowledge graph. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2262.
- (2018) Making Complex Ontologies End User Accessible via Ontology Projections. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 11341.
- (2017) Ontology Based Data Access in Statoil. Journal of Web Semantics. vol. 44.
- (2017) Semantic access to streaming and static data at Siemens. Journal of Web Semantics. vol. 44.
- (2017) Querying industrial stream-temporal data: An ontology-based visual approach. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments. vol. 9 (1).
- (2017) OptiqueVQS: a Visual Query System over Ontologies for Industry. Semantic Web Journal.
- (2016) Ontology-based visual querying with OptiqueVQS: Statoil and Siemens cases. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1818.
- (2016) Ontology-based Visual Querying with OptiqueVQS: Statoil and Siemens Cases. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1818.
- (2016) Ontology-based end-user visual query formulation: Why, what, who, how, and which?. Universal Access in the Information Society.
- (2016) A visual query system for stream data access over ontologies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9989.
- (2016) Domain experts surfing on stream sensor data over ontologies. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1588.
- (2016) PepeSearch: Semantic Data for the masses. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (3).
- (2016) Visual query interfaces for semantic datasets: An evaluation study. Journal of Web Semantics. vol. 39.
- (2015) Optique: Zooming in on Big Data. Computer. vol. 48 (3).
- (2015) Semantic access to siemens streaming data: The OPTIQUE way. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1486.
- (2015) OPTIQUE: Ontology-based data access platform. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1486.
- (2015) Experiencing OptiqueVQS: A Multi-paradigm and Ontology-based Visual Query System for End Users. Universal Access in the Information Society. vol. 15 (1).
- (2014) How semantic technologies can enhance data access at siemens energy. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8796.
- (2014) Towards a Visual Annotation Tool for End-User Semantic Content Authoring. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1299.
- (2014) Towards Exploiting Query History for Adaptive Ontology-based Visual Query Formulation. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 478.
- (2014) OptiqueVQS: Visual Query Formulation for OBDA. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1193.
- (2013) The Optique Project: Towards OBDA Systems for Industry. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1080.
- (2013) Towards Query Formulation and Query-Driven Ontology Extensions in OBDA Systems. CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
- (2013) Optique: Towards OBDA Systems for Industry. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7955.
- (2013) Optique: OBDA Solution for Big Data. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7955.
- (2013) Optique System: Towards Ontology and Mapping Management in OBDA Solutions. CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
- (2012) Ubiquitous Web Navigation through Harvesting Embedded Semantic Data: A Mobile Scenario. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering. vol. 19 (1).
- (2012) Mashups by Orchestration and Widget-based Personal Environments: Key Challenges, Solution Strategies, and an Application. Program. vol. 46 (4).
- (2011) Formal Modelling, Knowledge Representation and Reasoning for Design and Development of User-centric Pervasive Software: A Meta-review. International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies. vol. 6 (2).
- (2011) Ontology-Driven Adaptive and Pervasive Learning Environments – APLEs: An Interdisciplinary Approach. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 126.
- (2010) Ubiquitous Web for Ubiquitous Computing Environments: The Role of Embedded Semantics. Journal of Mobile Multimedia. vol. 6 (1).
- (2010) Multi-facade and Ubiquitous Web Navigation and Access through Embedded Semantics. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6485.
- (2010) Utilizing Embedded Semantics for User-Driven Design of Pervasive Environments. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 108.
- (2010) Semantic Mash-Up Personal and Pervasive Learning Environments (SMupple). Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6389.
- (2009) Embedded Semantics Empowering Context-Aware Pervasive Computing Environments. IEEE Computer Society.
- (2009) Merging Model Driven and Ontology Driven System Development Approaches Pervasive Computing Perspective. IEEE - International Conference on Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics.
- (2009) Context and Adaptivity in Pervasive Computing Environments: Links with Software Engineering and Ontological Engineering. Journal of Software. vol. 4 (9).
- (2009) Context and Adaptivity in Context-Aware Pervasive Computing Environments. IEEE Computer Society.
- (2008) E-Learning and Microformats: A Learning Object Harvesting Model and a Sample Application. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 388.
- (2007) An Interoperability Infrastructure for Distributed Feed Networks. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 309.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2016) Enabling semantic access to static and streaming distributed data with optique: demo. Proceedings of the 10th ACM International Conference on Distributed and Event-based Systems, DEBS '16, Irvine, CA,USA, June 20 -24.
- (2016) A Semantic Approach to Polystores. Proceedings 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- (2015) Qualifying Ontology-Based Visual Query Formulation. Flexible Query Answering Systems 2015 Proceedings of the 11th International Conference FQAS 2015, Cracow, Poland, October 26-28, 2015.
- (2015) Ontology-Based Visual Query Formulation: An Industry Experience. Advances in Visual Computing 11th International Symposium, ISVC 2015, Las Vegas, NV, USA, December 14-16, 2015, Proceedings, Part I.
- (2014) Why not simply Google?. NordiCHI '14 : Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Fun, Fast, Foundational, Oct 26-30 2014, Helsinki, Finland.
- (2013) Scalable End-user Access to Big Data. Big Data Computing.
- (2013) OptiqueVQS—Towards an Ontology-based Visual Query System for Big Data. Fifth International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems, MEDES '13, Luxembourg, Luxembourg, October 29-31, 2013.
- (2013) A Preliminary Approach on Ontology-Based Visual Query Formulation for Big Data. Metadata and Semantics Research 7th Research Conference, MTSR 2013, Thessaloniki, Greece, November 19-22, 2013. Proceedings.
- (2011) Visualization of Networked Collaboration in Digital Ecosystems through Two-mode Network Patterns. Proceeding of the International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (MEDES'11).
- (2011) Mashups and Widget Orchestration. Proceeding of the International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (MEDES'11).
- (2012) Exploiting metadata, ontologies and semantics to design/enhance new end-user experiences for adaptive pervasive computing environments. Leuven University Press. 2012. ISBN 978-90-8649-518-4.
- (2007) Problem Based Learning. 2007.
- (2013) Optique 1.0: Semantic Access to Big Data: The Case of Norwegian Petroleum Directorate's FactPages. International Semantic Web Conference 2013 (Posters & Demos) ; Sydney. 2013-10-23.