Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I am an associate professor at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I was previously a postdoctoral research fellow at University of Oslo as a member of Logic and Intelligent Data research group. I was also a visiting researcher at University of Oxford and a postdoc at University of Leuven. I received my PhD degree in computer science in 2012 from University of Leuven. I received my M.Sc and B.Sc. degrees in computer engineering from Işık University in 2008 and 2006 respectively.
I took part in several EU projects (FP7, FP6, Erasmus etc.) such as iCamp, ROLE, LEGIS, LEFIS, and TREE. I am presently conducting research on visual query systems within the Optique project (FP7).
My main research interests fall into ontology-driven information systems and ontology-driven design of information systems from a human-computer interaction perspective. My current research, within Optique project, addresses visual query interfaces for ontology-based data access, where ontologies are exploited both for scalable end-user query formulation and for query answering for Big Data.
My research interests also include: pervasive computing, context-aware computing, adaptive computing systems, human-machine interaction, end-user development, metadata and semantics, ontological engineering, semantic web, formal modelling, knowledge representation, software engineering, database systems, model driven development.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Querying industrial stream-temporal data: An ontology-based visual approach. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments. vol. 9 (1).
- (2016) Ontology-based end-user visual query formulation: Why, what, who, how, and which?. Universal Access in the Information Society.
- (2016) A visual query system for stream data access over ontologies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9989.
- (2016) PepeSearch: Semantic Data for the masses. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (3).
- (2016) Visual query interfaces for semantic datasets: An evaluation study. Journal of Web Semantics. vol. 39.
- (2015) Optique: Zooming in on Big Data. Computer. vol. 48 (3).
- (2015) Experiencing OptiqueVQS: A Multi-paradigm and Ontology-based Visual Query System for End Users. Universal Access in the Information Society. vol. 15 (1).
- (2014) How semantic technologies can enhance data access at siemens energy. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8796.
- (2012) Ubiquitous Web Navigation through Harvesting Embedded Semantic Data: A Mobile Scenario. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering. vol. 19 (1).
- (2012) Mashups by Orchestration and Widget-based Personal Environments: Key Challenges, Solution Strategies, and an Application. Program. vol. 46 (4).
- (2009) Context and Adaptivity in Pervasive Computing Environments: Links with Software Engineering and Ontological Engineering. Journal of Software. vol. 4 (9).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2016) Enabling semantic access to static and streaming distributed data with optique: demo. Proceedings of the 10th ACM International Conference on Distributed and Event-based Systems, DEBS '16, Irvine, CA,USA, June 20 -24.
- (2016) A Semantic Approach to Polystores. Proceedings 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- (2015) Qualifying Ontology-Based Visual Query Formulation. Flexible Query Answering Systems 2015 Proceedings of the 11th International Conference FQAS 2015, Cracow, Poland, October 26-28, 2015.
- (2015) Ontology-Based Visual Query Formulation: An Industry Experience. Advances in Visual Computing 11th International Symposium, ISVC 2015, Las Vegas, NV, USA, December 14-16, 2015, Proceedings, Part I.
- (2014) Why not simply Google?. NordiCHI '14 : Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Fun, Fast, Foundational, Oct 26-30 2014, Helsinki, Finland.
- (2013) Scalable End-user Access to Big Data. Big Data Computing.
- (2013) OptiqueVQS—Towards an Ontology-based Visual Query System for Big Data. Fifth International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems, MEDES '13, Luxembourg, Luxembourg, October 29-31, 2013.
- (2013) A Preliminary Approach on Ontology-Based Visual Query Formulation for Big Data. Metadata and Semantics Research 7th Research Conference, MTSR 2013, Thessaloniki, Greece, November 19-22, 2013. Proceedings.
- (2011) Visualization of Networked Collaboration in Digital Ecosystems through Two-mode Network Patterns. Proceeding of the International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (MEDES'11).
- (2011) Mashups and Widget Orchestration. Proceeding of the International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (MEDES'11).