HVER3003 - The Norwegian Welfare and Health Care System
The Norwegian welfare and health system and development processes, and challenges related to various aspects of these, are the main content of the course.
- The Nordic Model and the Norwegian Welfare and Health Care System
- Social justice and policy issues in Norway
- Policies aimed at integration of marginalized groups
- Social work in Norway; professions, ideology, theory and practice
- Social Work with disabled persons/persons with intellectual and mental disabilities
The candidate must have theoretical knowledge about the Norwegian welfare state and health care, service system and current challenges
The candidate shall, after completion of the course have good knowledge of welfare theory and recent research on the welfare state, ie have good knowledge about:
- drivers, barriers and obstacles in terms of change and development
- theory of social change processes in the Norwegian society
The candidate shall, after completion of the course be able to apply technical knowledge and relevant results from research in the field and have skills in:
- convey information, theory and analysis of the welfare state
- reflect on organizing and implementation of a reform or development process
The candidate shall, after completion of the course recognize innovation and development processes and have general knowledge about:
- strategic thinking and development scenarios for the welfare state
- relevant critical reviews of challenges and trends in welfare programs
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
Instruction is given in the form of lectures, counseling and group work. Students must complete exercises / documentation of own work tasks that must be addressed and sent to the teacher.
It will be held 6 lectures of 2-3 hours in the subject. 10 credits are equivalent to approx. 270 hours of work (including teaching, counseling, group work and self-study). Syllabus approx. 700 pages.
Mer om vurdering
Postponed examination are for candidates who has legitimate absence or got Fail
Vurderingsmelding krever godkjent undervisningsmelding samme semester. Obligatorisk aktivitet fra tidligere semester kan godkjennes av instituttet.
Krever opptak til studieprogram:
Be able to follow lectures in English
General admission. Have been admitted to Bachelor studies.
Course litterature will be published in Blackboard before the course starts
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato.