Petroleumsteknologi og anvendt geofysikk
Partner i nasjonale forskningssentre
- Vert for Centre for Integrated Operations (SFI-IO)
- Partner i Centre for Drilling and Wells for Improved Recovery (SFI-SBBU)
- Partner i Centre for Carbon Capture and Sequestration (FME-BIGCCS)
Andre store forskningsprosjekter
- ROSE Consortium (Rock-Seismic)
Strategisk satsningsområde ved NTNU
- Energi og petroleum
Årlige internasjonale konferanser
- International Conference on Integrated Operations in the Petroleum Industry (Next: September, 2014)
- The ROSE Workshop and Short Course (Next: May, 2014)
Institutt for petroleumsteknologi og anvendt geofysikk
The oil and gas activities on the Norwegian Continental Shelf are a very important part of the Norwegian economy. Technology and competence have been the most important instruments during the last 15 – 20 years and have more than doubled oil production compared to the basis of the PDO Plans and investment decisions.
The overall goal of our research and education is to contribute to global innovation and develop new knowledge, technology and economic solutions that will be useful to society and that will make it possible to meet future energy demands in a sustainable way.
We work in close cooperation with our research partner SINTEF. More than 750 people at NTNU-SINTEF are involved in the activities surrounding the Stategic Focus Area Energy and Petroleum - Resources and Environment. In addition, the department helps educate more than 250 Master’s degree candidates for the energy sector each year.