Solar thermal energy
- Small Scale Concentrating Solar Energy System
On this site you will find information about our activities on small scale concentrating solar energy system.
The solar research on small scale thermal systems with heat storage units has been made in a collaboration with several African universities:
- Eduardo Modane Unvierstiy, Maputo, Mozambique
- Makarere Universtiy, Uganda
- Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Mekelle Universtiy, Ethiopia
- Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia
Our activities have included the following projects:
- NUFU Network Project
About 5 PhDs and 20 MSc in Mozambique, Uganda and Ethiopia
- RENERGI project (NRC, Statoil): 3 PhDs in Norway (NTNU)
- NORGLOBAL project: 2 PhDs and 1 Master in Mozambique (EMU, MAputo), South Africa (UKZN, Durban) and Norway (NTNU, Trondheim);
- The Quota Scheme
Webmaster: Maxime Mussard
About NUFU projects
NUFU is the Norwegian Programme for Development, Research and Education, financed by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad).
The goal of the NUFU-programme is to support the development of sustainable capacity and competence for research and research-based higher education in developing countries relevant to national development and poverty reduction, and to contribute to enhanced academic collaboration in the South and between South and North.
In 2013, a new program was established ( Norhed ), which will replace the previous NUFU and NOMA programs.