Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Present research activities comprise the whole range of economic, social and cultural aspects connected to socio-technological innovation, with a focus on the diffusion and implementation of new products and services and the acquisition, embedding and use of these innovations in everyday life. Additional interests include selected topics from the sociology and philosophy of science, e.g. theory and practice of inter-/transdisciplinary collaboration.
- 2011 Professorship in Science and Technology Studies, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- 2000 Dr. phil. (Sociology), University of Frankfurt
- 1996 Master in Sociology (major), Political Sciences and German Language and Literature (minors), University of Frankfurt
- since 2009 Leader of the social scientific activities within the Norwegian Research Centre on Zero Emission Buildings (work package 4: "Use, operation and implementation of zero emission buildings")
- 2009-2010 Leader of the social scientific activities within the interdisciplinary project "Towards zero carbon settlements" financed by RENERGI, Research Council of Norway
- 2009 Leader of the project "Paradoxes of Design" financed by FRIMUF, Research Council of Norway
- since 2011 Professor in Science and Technology Studies, Dep. of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, NTNU
- 2007-2011 Associate professor, Dep. of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, NTNU
- 2003-2007 Post.doc and research scientist, SmartBuild project, financed by the Research Council of Norway
- 2001-2003 EMTEL II scholar (research and training network funded by the 5th RTD Framework Programme of the EU), Dep. of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, NTNU
- 1999-2000 Internet and Intranet coordinator, GTZ, Eschborn
- 1999-2000 Lecturer, Technical University Darmstadt
- 1996-1999 PhD student and scientific assistant, Institute of Social Research (IfS), Frankfurt
- 1995-1996 Research assistant, Dep. for Sociology, University of Frankfurt
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2014) Introducing the MINDER research project: Methodologies for Improvement of Non-residential buildings' Daily Energy Efficiency Reliability. International Journal of Facility Management.
- (2014) Architecture as a strategy for reduced energy consumption? An in-depth analysis of residential practices' influence on the energy performance of passive houses. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment. volum 3 (3).
- (2013) “In the morning I just need a long, hot shower:” a sociological exploration of energy sensibilities in Norwegian bathrooms. Sustainability: Science, Practice, & Policy. volum 9 (1).
- (2013) Passive House at the Crossroads: The Past and the Present of a Voluntary Standard That Managed to Bridge the Energy Efficiency Gap. Energy Policy.
- (2013) Success for energy efficient renovation of dwellings - Learning from private homeowners. Energy Policy. volum 61.
- (2013) The Interaction between Building and Users in Passive and Zero-Energy Housing and Offices: The Role of Interfaces, Knowledge and User Commitment. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment. volum 2 (1).
- (2012) Energy and buildings research: challenges from the new production of knowledge. Building Research & Information. volum 40 (4).
- (2011) Domesticating Spaces: Sociotechnical Studies and the Built Environment. Space and Culture. volum 14 (3).
- (2011) User evaluations of energy efficient buildings - literature review and further research. Advances in Building Energy Research. volum 5 (1).
- (2010) Dealing with uncertainty in sustainable innovation: mainstreaming and substitution. International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development. volum 5 (1).
- (2010) Paradoxes of Design: Energy and Water Consumption and the Aestheticization of Norwegian Bathrooms 1990-2008. Sustainable Development. volum 18 (3).
- (2010) Sustainable urbanization? Norwegian cabin culture in transition. Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change. volum 8 (3).
- (2009) Energiforbruket på hytta - endimensjonalt eller mangeartet?. Tidsskriftet Utmark.
- (2008) The missing link which was already there: building operators and energy management in non-residential buildings. Facilities. volum 27 (1/2).
- (2005) The Politics of 'Actor-Network Theory': what can 'actor-network theory' do to make buildings more energy efficient?. Science, Technology & Innovation Studies. volum 1 (2).
- (2001) Bin ich jetzt drin? Neue Versuche, über das 'junge' Medium Internet zu schreiben. Zeitschrift fuer Soziologie der Erziehung und Sozialisation.
- (2011) Norske hytter i endring. Om bærekraft og behag. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2011. ISBN 9788251927901.
- (2007) Smarte energieffektive bygninger. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2007. ISBN 978-82-519-2237-1.
- (2006) Informatisierung der Arbeit - Gesellschaft im Umbruch. 2006. ISBN 3-89404-547-7.
- (2005) Domestication of media and technology. Open University Press. 2005. ISBN 0335217699.