Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Full professor in Science and Technology Studies at the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, adjunct professor at Linköping University, Tema T. I have a PhD in sociology from Frankfurt University and a master in sociology (major), political science and German language and literature (minors) from Frankfurt University.
- sustainable innovation
- technology use in everyday life
- energy efficiency in the built environment
Selected research projects
The Research Centre on Zero Emission Buildings 2009-2017 (Leader Work Package 4: "Use, operation and implementation")
Methodologies For Improvement Of Non-Residential Buildings' Day-To-Day Energy-Efficiency Reliability, 2013-2016 (MINDER, Project leader)
- Towards Carbom Neutral Settlements, 2009-2012 (Work package coordinator)
- Paradoxes of Design, 2007-2010 (senior researcher, project leader)
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Ambitions at work: Professional practices and the energy performance of non-residential buildings in Norway. Energy Research & Social Science.
- (2016) Planning story lines in smart grid road maps (2010–2014): three types of maps for coordinated time travel. Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning.
- (2015) A traveler’s guide to smart grids and the social sciences. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 9.
- (2014) Introducing the MINDER research project: Methodologies for Improvement of Non-residential buildings' Daily Energy Efficiency Reliability. EuroFM Journal - International Journal of Facilities Management.
- (2014) Architecture as a strategy for reduced energy consumption? An in-depth analysis of residential practices' influence on the energy performance of passive houses. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment. vol. 3 (3).
- (2013) “In the morning I just need a long, hot shower:” a sociological exploration of energy sensibilities in Norwegian bathrooms. Sustainability: Science, Practice, & Policy. vol. 9 (1).
- (2013) Passive House at the Crossroads: The Past and the Present of a Voluntary Standard That Managed to Bridge the Energy Efficiency Gap. Energy Policy.
- (2013) Success for energy efficient renovation of dwellings - Learning from private homeowners. Energy Policy. vol. 61.
- (2013) The Interaction between Building and Users in Passive and Zero-Energy Housing and Offices: The Role of Interfaces, Knowledge and User Commitment. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment. vol. 2 (1).
- (2012) Energy and buildings research: challenges from the new production of knowledge. Building Research & Information. vol. 40 (4).
- (2011) Domesticating Spaces: Sociotechnical Studies and the Built Environment. Space and Culture. vol. 14 (3).
- (2011) User evaluations of energy efficient buildings - literature review and further research. Advances in Building Energy Research. vol. 5 (1).
- (2010) Dealing with uncertainty in sustainable innovation: mainstreaming and substitution. International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development. vol. 5 (1).
- (2010) Paradoxes of Design: Energy and Water Consumption and the Aestheticization of Norwegian Bathrooms 1990-2008. Sustainable Development. vol. 18 (3).
- (2010) Sustainable urbanization? Norwegian cabin culture in transition. Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change. vol. 8 (3).
- (2009) Energiforbruket på hytta - endimensjonalt eller mangeartet?. Tidsskriftet Utmark.
- (2008) The missing link which was already there: building operators and energy management in non-residential buildings. Facilities. vol. 27 (1/2).
- (2005) The Politics of 'Actor-Network Theory': what can 'actor-network theory' do to make buildings more energy efficient?. Science, Technology & Innovation Studies. vol. 1 (2).
- (2001) Bin ich jetzt drin? Neue Versuche, über das 'junge' Medium Internet zu schreiben. Zeitschrift fuer Soziologie der Erziehung und Sozialisation.
- (2017) Zero Emission Buildings. Fagbokforlaget. 2017. ISBN 978-82-450-2055-7.