Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
My main research interests are teacher education, professional development, mentoring novice teachers and assessment for and of learning.
I have worked as a school teacher for 18 years, before I became a teacher educator. I have acted as the Head of Teacher Education programs abroad as well as at the University of Bergen in Norway. From January 2015 I am the Head of the Norwegian National Research School in Teacher Education (NAFOL) at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I have been active in the European Association for Research in Learning and Instruction (EARLI), previously as the Coordinator for the Assessment and Evaluation SIG (1) and till August 2015 as the Coordinator for Teaching and Teacher Education SIG 11. I am a member of the American Educational Research Association (AERA) and of the International Study Association for Teachers and Teaching (ISATT) and sit on a number of international editorial boards for journals in teacher education and assessment.
During my career numerous articles, book chapters and books have been published, and I have been fortunate to have given invited talks in Australia, New Zealand, China, Dubai, Korea, Singapore, Africa, USA, South America, Europe, Israel, and Norway.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Teachers' perceived professional space and their agency. Teaching and Teacher Education : An International Journal of Research and Studies. vol. 62.
- (2017) Leaving teaching: lack of resilience or sign of agency?. Teachers and Teaching: theory and practice. vol. 23 (8).
- (2017) “In this class we are so different that I can be myself!” Intercultural dialogue in a first grade upper secondary school in Norway. Education Inquiry. vol. 8 (2).
- (2017) NAFOL- en forskerskole for norsk lærerutdanning. Tidsskriftet FoU i praksis. vol. 11 (1).
- (2016) Collaborative teacher educator professional development in Europe: different voices, one goal. Professional Development in Education.
- (2016) Partnerships in Teacher Education – Going Beyond the Rhetoric, with Reference to the Norwegian Context. Revija Centra za Å¡tudij edukacijskih strategij. vol. 6 (3).
- (2016) Partnerstva v izobraževanju učiteljev – Onkraj retorike, s poudarkom na Norveškem kontekstu. Revija Centra za Å¡tudij edukacijskih strategij. vol. 6 (3).
- (2016) Educating for the future: A conceptual framework of responsive pedagogy. Cogent Education. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Å undervise om å undervise : lærerutdanneres kompetanse sett fra deres eget og fra lærerstudenters perspektiv. UNIPED. vol. 39 (1).
- (2016) Ethical aspects of professional dilemmas in the first year of teaching. Professional Development in Education. vol. 43 (2).
- (2015) International trends in the implementation of assessment for learning: Implications for policy and practice. Policy Futures in Education. vol. 13 (1).
- (2015) The Role of Research in Teacher Education. Research in Teacher Education. vol. 5 (2).
- (2014) Influencing and facilitating conditions for developing reflective assessment practice. Professional Development in Education. vol. 40 (3).
- (2014) 'It is the situation that makes it difficult': Experiences of nursing students faced with a high-stakes drug calculation test. Nurse Education in Practice. vol. 14 (4).
- (2014) Praksisnær undervisning i legemiddelregning i arbeidet med å redusere testangst og styrke selvoppfattelse hos sykepleierstudenter. Nordisk tidsskrift for helseforskning. vol. 10 (2).
- (2014) Vocational students experiences with assessment in workplace learning. Vocations and Learning. vol. 7 (2).
- (2013) Student perceptions of classroom feedback. Assessment in education : Principles, Policy & Practice. vol. 20 (2).
- (2013) Formative assessment of teacher learning: issues about quality, design characteristics and impact on teacher learning. Teachers and Teaching: theory and practice. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Increasing the use of practical activities through changed practice. The Mathematics Enthusiast. vol. 9 (1&2).
- (2012) Utvikling av partnerskap i en førskolelærerutdanning, sett fra et økologisk perspektiv. Norsk pedagogisk tidsskrift. vol. 96 (3).