Hans Kristian HøidalenProfessor Institutt for elkraftteknikk Fakultet for informasjonsteknologi, matematikk og elektroteknikk
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Fields of interest:
- Power system transients (EMTP studier)
- Power system protection (relevern)
- Component modeling (transformatorer, kabler etc.)
- Transformers (materialer og påkjenninger)
- Overspenninger og overspenningsvern, TET4130 (vår 3. klasse),
- Power system analysis (delen om relevern), TET4115 (høst 4. klasse),
- Datamaskinsimulering av transienter, ELK31, (Fordypningmodul, høst 5. klasse)
- EMC, Elektromagnetisk sameksistens i jernbaneanlegg
(ET6007), Etter og videreutdanningskurs, erfaringsbasert master, Høst oddetallsår
Local homepage: http://www.elkraft.ntnu.no/~hkh/
CV ‑ ENGELSK
HØIDALEN, Hans Kristian
Year of birth:
Professor, Institute of electrical power engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway.
MSc, Institute of electrical power engineering, The Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH), 1990.
PhD, Institute of electrical power engineering, The Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH), 1998.
Scientific assistant, Institute of electrical power engineering, NTH
1992 - 94 and
1998 - 99
Research Scientist, Norwegian Electric Power
Research Institute (EFI)
PhD student at Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Institute of electrical power engineering.
Associate professor, Institute of electrical power engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). Group leader Electrical Power Technology 2001-2005. Full professor from 2007.
Research leave (sabbatical) at Michigan Technological University. 10 months.
Fields of interest and present research activities:
- Computer simulations and modelling of power systems, including electrical modelling of transformers and cables and development of simulation tools.
- Power system protection and distributed generation.
- Power transformer; modeling, stresses.
- Impact of lightning on electrical power systems, including lightning induced effects and measurements of transients.
Project leader of the research project "Wind Energy Conversion using high frequency transformation and DC collection" funded by the Norwegian Research Council by 7.5 MKr for the years 2010-2013. This project funds three new PhD students. Co-operation with Prof. Marta Molinas, NTNU and Prof. Bruce Mork, Michigan Technological University.
Larger research activities performed through SINTEF Energy Research as scientific advisor:
- Development of the computer program ATPDraw since 1994 for modelling of electric circuits with a budget of ca. 6 MNOK funded by Bonneville Power Administration in Oregon-USA. A new activity in co-operation with Schneider Electric started 2008 on power electronic modelling and optimization organized at NTNU.
- Transformer winding ageing, condition control and condition assessment. A large project (KMB) with a budget above 12 MNOK in the years 2002-2005 funded by the Norwegian Research Council, Norwegian utilities, ABB, and EdF, where this writer had the role as project responsible and supervisor of PhD student Eilert Bjerkan.
- KMB - Transformer performance 2006-2010. A large project focusing on new methods to investigate oil-paper ageing and electromagnetic modelling of transformers for switching transient studies. The project funded the PhD student Nicola Chiesa.
- KMB – Distribution 2020. Funded PhD Jorun I. Marvik
This writer also has a research activity related to lightning as an extension to my dr.ing. thesis Lightning-induced overvoltages in low-voltage systems (ISBN 82-471-0177-7) from 1997. In 2001 I established a test station for automatic detection of overvoltages in the low-voltage system.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2014) Field measurement and simulation of electromagnetic transients on 132 kV oil-filled submarine cables. Electric power systems research. vol. 115.
- (2014) Modeling of wind turbine transformers for the analysis of resonant overvoltages. Electric power systems research. vol. 115.
- (2014) Resonant overvoltage assessment in offshore wind farms via a parametric black-box wind turbine transformer model. Wind Energy.
- (2013) Modification of empirical core loss calculation methods including flux distribution. IET Electric Power Applications. vol. 7 (5).
- (2013) An All-DC Offshore Wind Farm With Series-Connected Turbines: An Alternative to the Classical Parallel AC Model?. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics (1982. Print). vol. 60 (6).
- (2013) Analysis of Pipe-Type Cable Impedance Formulations at Low Frequencies. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 28 (4).
- (2013) Effects of reduced pressure and additives on streamers in white oil in long point-plane gap. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. vol. 46 (25).
- (2013) Influence of impurities and additives on negative streamers in paraffinic model oil. IEEE transactions on dielectrics and electrical insulation. vol. 20 (3).
- (2012) Core loss behavior in high frequency high power transformers-II: Arbitrary excitation. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. vol. 4 (3).
- (2012) Study of very fast transient overvoltages in air-cored pulsed transformers. Compel. vol. 31 (2).
- (2012) Core loss behavior in high frequency high power transformers-I: Effect of core topology. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. vol. 4 (3).
- (2012) Influence of impurities and additives on positive streamers in paraffinic model oil. IEEE transactions on dielectrics and electrical insulation. vol. 19 (5).
- (2012) The Assessment of Overvoltage Protection Within Energization of Offshore Wind Farms. Energy Procedia. vol. 24.
- (2012) Topology-Correct Reversible Transformer Model. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 27 (4).
- (2011) Streamers in large paraffinic oil gap. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Dielectric Liquids.
- (2010) Analytical Algorithm for the Calculation of Magnetization and Loss Curves of Delta-Connected Transformers. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 25 (3).
- (2010) Novel Approach for Reducing Transformer Inrush Currents: Laboratory Measurements, Analytical Interpretation and Simulation Studies. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 25 (4).
- (2010) Transformer Model for Inrush Current Calculations: Simulations, Measurements and Sensitivity Analysis. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 25 (4).
- (2010) The Peculiarities of Transient Recovery Voltage in Presence of Post Arc Current in Vacuum Circuit Breakers. International Symposium on Discharges and Electrical Insulation in Vacuum. Proceedings.
- (2010) Two Dimensional Simulation of Post Arc Phenomenon in Vacuum Interrupter with Axial Magnetic Field Contacts. International Symposium on Discharges and Electrical Insulation in Vacuum. Proceedings.