Hans Kristian Høidalen
Kort biografi Maks 160 tegn [0/160]
Fields of interest:
- Power system transients (EMTP studier)
- Power system protection (relevern)
- Component modeling (transformatorer, kabler etc.)
- Transformers (materialer og påkjenninger)
- Overspenninger og overspenningsvern, TET4130 (vår 3. klasse),
- Power system analysis (delen om relevern), TET4115 (høst 4. klasse),
- Datamaskinsimulering av transienter, ELK31, (Fordypningmodul, høst 5. klasse)
- EMC, Elektromagnetisk sameksistens i jernbaneanlegg
(ET6007), Etter og videreutdanningskurs, erfaringsbasert master, Høst oddetallsår
Local homepage: http://www.elkraft.ntnu.no/~hkh/
CV ‑ ENGELSK
HØIDALEN, Hans Kristian
Year of birth:
Professor, Institute of electrical power engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway.
MSc, Institute of electrical power engineering, The Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH), 1990.
PhD, Institute of electrical power engineering, The Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH), 1998.
Scientific assistant, Institute of electrical power engineering, NTH
1992 - 94 and
1998 - 99
Research Scientist, Norwegian Electric Power
Research Institute (EFI)
PhD student at Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Institute of electrical power engineering.
Associate professor, Institute of electrical power engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). Group leader Electrical Power Technology 2001-2005. Full professor from 2007.
Research leave (sabbatical) at Michigan Technological University. 10 months.
Fields of interest and present research activities:
- Computer simulations and modelling of power systems, including electrical modelling of transformers and cables and development of simulation tools.
- Power system protection and distributed generation.
- Power transformer; modeling, stresses.
- Impact of lightning on electrical power systems, including lightning induced effects and measurements of transients.
Project leader of the research project "Wind Energy Conversion using high frequency transformation and DC collection" funded by the Norwegian Research Council by 7.5 MKr for the years 2010-2013. This project funds three new PhD students. Co-operation with Prof. Marta Molinas, NTNU and Prof. Bruce Mork, Michigan Technological University.
Larger research activities performed through SINTEF Energy Research as scientific advisor:
- Development of the computer program ATPDraw since 1994 for modelling of electric circuits with a budget of ca. 6 MNOK funded by Bonneville Power Administration in Oregon-USA. A new activity in co-operation with Schneider Electric started 2008 on power electronic modelling and optimization organized at NTNU.
- Transformer winding ageing, condition control and condition assessment. A large project (KMB) with a budget above 12 MNOK in the years 2002-2005 funded by the Norwegian Research Council, Norwegian utilities, ABB, and EdF, where this writer had the role as project responsible and supervisor of PhD student Eilert Bjerkan.
- KMB - Transformer performance 2006-2010. A large project focusing on new methods to investigate oil-paper ageing and electromagnetic modelling of transformers for switching transient studies. The project funded the PhD student Nicola Chiesa.
- KMB – Distribution 2020. Funded PhD Jorun I. Marvik
This writer also has a research activity related to lightning as an extension to my dr.ing. thesis Lightning-induced overvoltages in low-voltage systems (ISBN 82-471-0177-7) from 1997. In 2001 I established a test station for automatic detection of overvoltages in the low-voltage system.