Kort biografi Maks 160 tegn [0/160]
- Moderne historie (etter 1800)
I completed my PhD in the Faculty of History at the University of Cambridge in 2010 before accepting the position of Associate Professor at NTNU in 2011. I will be a Churchill Archives Centre By-Fellow at Churchill College, Cambridge in 2014.
My research interests include the history of Conservative politics in twentieth century Britain, the history of political writing and publishing, and interwar European fascism. I am now writing a book about Conservative politics and literary life in Britain, 1924-45. My next major project will research British political cultures during the Cold War.
ENG2452 Britain in Europe
ENG1402 Modern British History and Culture
Master's/ PhD Thesis Supervision
I am happy to discuss proposals for Master's & PhD supervision in most areas of twentieth century British political, cultural, and social history. I will consider research projects on current affairs and politics in the twenty-first century, and I am also interested in comparative approaches to the history of Britain and Norway, or more broadly Scandinavia.
Vitenskaplig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del.
- (2011) Oswald Mosley and the New Party. By Matthew Worley. Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2010. viiiþ234 pp. ISBN 978-0-230-20697-7, £55. Twentieth Century British History. volum 22 (2).
- (2009) 'The British Movement, Duncan Sandys, and the Politics of Constitutionalism in the 1930s'. Contemporary British History. volum 23 (4).
- (2007) '"What's the Big Idea?": Oswald Mosley, the British Union of Fascists and Generic Fascism'. Journal of contemporary history. volum 42 (3).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2012) Whig Lessons, Conservative Answers: The Literary Adventures of Sir J.A.R. Marriott. Brave New World. Imperial and Democratic Nation-Building in Britain between the Wars.
- (2010) Conservatives, National Politics, and the Challenge to Democracy in Britain, 1931-37 / degree conferred on 23 July 2011. 2010.