Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
NTNU representative in EUNICE (European University and Company Network For Information and Communication Technology), Norwegian Execom member in ERCIM (European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics),
Program Chairman of EUNICE 2010 (EUNICE and IFIP TC6.6 International workshop on Networked Services and Applications – Engineering, Control and Management)
Program Committee member of SERENE’10 (International Workshop on Software Engineering of Resilient Systems)
Program Committee member of MENS'10 (IEEE International Workshop on Management of Emerging Networks and Services)
Program Committee member of ICUMT 2010 ( IEEE International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems)
Program Committee member of ITU’s Kaleidoscope 2010
Program Committee member of WMCNT’10 (IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing and Networking Technologies)
Research background and interests
My research goes back to my MSc.thesis on routing algorithms for packet switched networks in 1972. After a Ph.D. period related to telephone subscriber traffic models and model parameter estimation by measurements, I participated in the Packet Satellite Program part of ARPAs Internet activities doing simulations and measurements on the CPODA protocol in the period 1977–79.
My present research topic is “Adaptable Service Systems”. Adaptable service systems are service systems that are able to adapt dynamically to changes in time and position related to Users, Nodes, Capabilities, Status, and changed Service Requirements and Policies. The research is related to theTAPAS architecture and platform. (TAPAS = Telematics Architecture for Play-based Adaptable Systems).
Present Ph.D. student are: Patcharee Thongtra. Ph.D students graduated as a part of TAPAS project are
For publications see: Publications/reports .
- Athletics, nature sensations, cottage at Kvikne. Previous owner of the Gordon Setter "Syrah" (2/6-1991 - 3/3-2005)
- Wine and food: Former president of Trondheim Wine Society "Ganymedes", Member of TrønderskeVinforum, Leader of Norwegian Organoleptic Society.
Favorite wine style are the flor wines from Jura, Tokay and Jerez. However high quality reductive red and white wines from France, Spain, Italy and Portugal are also swallowed. Please try: Cod accompanied by high quality White Burgundy, "Fois Gras" by Szamorodny or Vin Jaune, and Nut Cake and/or Cloud Berries by Tokay Aszu 5 Puttonios.
- Thailand with its Tom Kha Khai, Gong Tod Gratiem and Kaov Niaw Mamuang or expressed in Thai: ผมชอบประเทศไทยที่มีอาหารอร่อยมากที่สุดในโลก เช่นว่า ต้มข่าไก่ กุ้งทอดกระเทียม และ ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วงเป็นต้น
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2014) Demand Side Focused Simulation Platform for the Evaluation of Demand Side Management Approaches. IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe.
- (2013) Architecture and Functional Framework for Home Energy Management Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8115.
- (2012) On capability-related adaptation in networked service systems. International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications. vol. 4 (4).
- (2012) OWL-based node capability parameter configuration. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7479.
- (2009) A Self-organizing Service Discovery System Based on Semantic Overlay Networks. International Transactions on Systems Science and Applications. vol. 5 (3).
- (2007) A Self-organizing Service Discovery System Based on Semantic Overlay Networks. System and Information Sciences Notes. vol. 1 (3).
- (2007) Towards Policy-Supported Adaptable Service Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 1 (1).
- (2006) An Approach to Integrated Semantic Service Discovery. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 4195.
- (2005) Automatic translation of service specification to a behavioral type language for dynamic service verification. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 3475.
- (2010) Networked services and applications : 16th EUNICE/IFIP WG 6.6 Workshop, EUNICE 2010, Trondheim, Norway, June 28-30, 2010 : proceedings. Springer. 2010. ISBN 978-3-642-13970-3. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (6164).
- (2004) Intelligence in Communication Systems: IFIP International Conference, INTELLCOMM 2004, Bangkok, thailand, November 23-26, 2004. Proceedings. 2004. ISBN 3-540-23893-X. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (3283).
- (2002) EUNICE'2002. 2002. ISBN 82-993980-5-3.
- (1996) NIK '96 : Norsk informatikkonferanse : seksjon for IT og matematikk. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 1996. ISBN 82-519-1381-0.
- (1996) Information network and data communication. 1996. ISBN 0-412-75750-8.
- (2014) Smart Grid - ICT Challenges. Invited Keynote at ICT – ISPC 2014 . Mahidon University; Nakor Phatom. 2014-03-26 - 2014-03-27.