PostadresseKavliinstituttet / Senter for nevrale nettverk Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet Olav Kyrres gate 9 7489 Trondheim
Edvard Ingjald Moser
Kort biografi Maks 160 tegn [0/160]
Edvard Moser is interested in how spatial location and spatial memory are computed in the brain. His work, conducted with May-Britt Moser as a long-term collaborator, includes the discovery of grid cells in the entorhinal cortex, which provides the first clues to a neural mechanism for the metric of spatial mapping. Subsequent to this discovery the Mosers have identified additional space-representing cell types in the entorhinal cortex and they are beginning to unravel how the neural microcircuit is organized and how grid patterns are generated. Edvard Moser was the Founding Director of the Centre for the Biology of Memory, a Research Council-funded Centre of Excellence with a life time from 2003 to 2012. In 2007 the Centre became a Kavli Institute, with Edvard Moser as the Director.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2013) Recurrent inhibitory circuitry as a mechanism for grid formation. Nature Neuroscience. volum 16 (3).
- (2013) Optogenetic Dissection of Entorhinal-Hippocampal Functional Connectivity. Science. volum 340 (6128).
- (2012) The entorhinal grid map is discretized. Nature. volum 492 (7427).
- (2011) Grid cells use HCN1 channels for spatial scaling. Cell. volum 147 (5).
- (2011) Theta-paced flickering between place-cell maps in the hippocampus. Nature. volum 478 (7368).
- (2010) Development of the Spatial Representation System in the Rat. Science. volum 328 (5985).
- (2009) Frequency of gamma oscillations routes flow of information in the hippocampus. Nature. volum 462 (7271).
- (2008) Hippocampus-independent phase precession in entorhinal grid cells. Nature. volum 453.
- (2008) Finite scale of spatial representation in the hippocampus. Science. volum 321.
- (2008) Place cells, grid cells, and the brain's spatial representation system. Annual Review of Neuroscience. volum 31.
- (2008) Representation of geometric borders in the entorhinal cortex. Science. volum 322 (5909).
- (2007) Hippocampal remapping and grid realignment in entorhinal cortex. Nature. volum 446.
- (2007) Pattern separation in the dentate gyrus and CA3 of the hippocampus. Science. volum 315.
- (2006) Conjunctive representation of position, direction, and velocity in entorhinal cortex. Science. volum 312.
- (2006) Path integration and the neural basis of the 'cognitive map'. Nature Reviews Neuroscience. volum 7.
- (2005) Microstructure of a spatial map in the entorhinal cortex. Nature. volum 436.
- (2005) Independent codes for spatial and episodic memory in hippocampal neuronal ensembles. Science. volum 309.
- (2004) Distinct ensemble codes in hippocampal areas CA3 and CA1. Science. volum 305.
- (2004) Spatial representation in the entorhinal cortex. Science. volum 305.
- (2002) Reduced fear expression after lesions of the ventral hippocampus. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. volum 99.
- (2002) Place cells and place representation maintained by direct entorhinal-hippocampal circuitry. Science. volum 296.
- (1998) Impaired Spatial Learning after Saturation of Long-Term Potentiation. Science. volum 281.