Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Dr. Bård Kulseng (overlege, PhD) er leder av Senter for Fedmeforskning og Innovasjon ved St. Olavs Hospital i Trondheim, og har mer enn 25 års erfaring innen forskning og klinisk erfaring innen endokrinologi og fedmebehandling.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Individuals at high risk for type 2 diabetes invited to a lifestyle program: characteristics of participants versus non-participants (the HUNT Study) and 24-month follow-up of participants (the VEND-RISK Study). BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 5 (1).
- (2017) Timeline of changes in appetite during weight loss with a ketogenic diet. International Journal of Obesity.
- (2017) Time-restricted feeding on weekdays restricts weight gain: A study using rat models of high-fat diet-induced obesity. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 173.
- (2017) Bariatric surgery versus lifestyle interventions for severe obesity: 5-year changes in body weight, risk factors and comorbidities. Clinical Obesity.
- (2016) Intragastric Injection of Botulinum Toxin a to Treat Obesity: Mechanism of Action and a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase II Trial With Open-Label Extension Study. Gastroenterology. vol. 150 (4).
- (2016) Exploring lifestyle and risk in preventing type 2 diabetes-a nested qualitative study of older participants in a lifestyle intervention program (VEND-RISK). BMC Public Health. vol. 16 (876).
- (2016) Sleeve gastrectomy, but not duodenojejunostomy, preserves total beta-cell mass in Goto-Kakizaki rats evaluated by three-dimensional optical projection tomography. Surgical Endoscopy. vol. 30 (2).
- (2016) Vagal blocking for obesity control: a possible mechanism-of-action. Obesity Surgery. vol. 27 (1).
- (2016) High-intensity interval training and isocaloric moderate-intensity continuous training results in similar improvements in body composition and fitness in obese individuals. International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism. vol. 26 (3).
- (2016) Steady-state energy balance in animal models of obesity and weight loss. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 52 (4).
- (2016) Increased bioavailability of methadone following sleeve gastrectomy - a planned case observation. Clinical Therapeutics. vol. 38 (6).
- (2015) Gastrin secretion after bariatric surgery - response to a protein-rich mixed meal following roux-en-y gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy: a pilot study in normoglycemic women. Obesity Surgery. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2015) Effect of moderate- and high-intensity acute exercise on appetite in obese individuals. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 47 (1).
- (2015) Comparison of different surgical procedures in animal models for a better consideration of personalized bariatric surgery. Gastroenterology. vol. 148 (4).
- (2015) Service innovation from the edges: enhanced by telemedicine decision support. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. vol. 19 (3-4).
- (2015) The impact of feet callosities, arm posture, and usage of electrolyte wipes on body composition by bioelectrical impedance analysis in morbidly obese adults. Obesity Facts. vol. 8 (6).
- (2015) Intermittent vagal nerve block for improvements in obesity, cardiovascular risk factors, and glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: 2-year results of the VBLOC DM2 Study. Obesity Surgery. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2015) Fet, feit eller bare overvektig = Fat, obese or just overweight. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 135 (19).
- (2014) Personnel and participant experiences of a residential weight-loss program. A qualitative study. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (6).
- (2014) Overweight, obesity and related conditions: a cross-sectional study of adult inpatients at a Norwegian Hospital. BMC Research Notes. vol. 7 (115).